Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bishop Richard C. Edgley First Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric

"When the disciples asked Jesus why they could not cast a devil out as they had just witnessed the Savior do, Jesus answered, “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove” (Matthew 17:20). I have never witnessed the removal of an actual mountain. But because of faith I have seen a mountain of doubt and despair removed and replaced with hope and optimism. Because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of sin replaced with repentance and forgiveness. And because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of pain replaced with peace, hope, and gratitude. Yes, I have seen mountains removed."

While preparing my Visiting Teaching Lesson for today, I read his talk during Oct. General Confrence. I really love this paragraph, because I have witnessed my own mountains removed! Turning my heart over to our loving Heavenly Father and our gentle Savior has truly allowed my testimony to develope. I do know this church is true and not because someone has told me it is true, but because I feel it and see it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment